Paradigm Studio/20 and/or Signature S1 vs Klipsch Heresy

o0O Bill O0o

This is what I get for sitting far away from home and having the ability to access forums and opinions on the internet...

[Poll]

With out hearing these (the most critical factor) can anyone provide feedback regarding this ~$800 each speaker comparison. Additionally $4400 (!) Subwoofer input is well come (see note below)

For your information the solution I have come up with is: 5 identical monitors and 2 subwoofers.

Where the sound is consistent from monitor to monitor and there is plenty of headroom and reduced “nulls” in low frequency effects. This of course is augmented by my A/V receiver’s ability to automatically optimize the acoustics (thru DSP) with is supplied calibrating mic.

More specifically, the consumer models I had in mind are Package 1: 5 Klipsch Heresy speakers and 2 JL Audio F113 Subwoofers. Package 2: 5 Paradigm Studio 20 and 2 Paradigm Studio Sub 12 w/ the Perfect Bass Kit (in room bass correction DSP). Package 3: Paradigm Signature S1, 2 Paradigm Studio Sub 12 w/ the Perfect Bass Kit. Package 4: 5 Paradigm Signature S1, 1 Paradigm Signature Sub 25 w/ the Perfect Bass Kit.

I think these all fall around ~$8500 (!) total, +/- $500. All of these speakers performance are uncompromising. We’re talking about hitting 105db at the listening position without breaking a sweat. Additionally, in a 2000-2500 cu ft room sub 20 Hz at that output. I'm looking for headroom. If you’re not sure to what I’m talking about follow the links.

Reviews

Paradigm Stuido 20 and forum link

Studio%2020%20-%20Rosenut.jpg

Paradigm Signature S-1

paradigm.jpg

The Heresy III has no current pro reviews, still there is great feedback, and from what I know with my other heritage expirences I won't be dissappointed.

KIII%203.jpg

Okay, I am sure I left you with you head scratching.. but thanks anyway for talking the time to humor my “shut in” obsession with getting some sweet gear.

_Bill

note: I do understand that many internet direct companies such as SVS manufacture high performing equipment with great value. However, they are missing the refinement of JL Audio or Paradigm.. or even Velodyne. There are far too many issues regarding quality control, even if there is outstanding customer support to back it. I want it right the first time. I feel that there is great effort put into Internet Direct companies, but even greater effort is put for the Store bought products. There are many people depending on the success of a product and they have to stand behind, specifically salesmen, supply, chain and the user for going out of his way to listen. Also it my opinion it goes like this, Product released, profesional review, User review, Salesman review and lastly forum user review. Most of all, I want to hear before I buy, and I will not be able to hear them until next fall, when I am state side.

Well, if you happy with your Heritage, why not stick with it. Then again, people might be a little, justa tinny tiny amount towards Klipsch here. I'm thinking off getting three new Heresy III's once I get my house hopefully in the spring. Pair them with my current 2's (use as rears). I plan to get an Epik Subwoofer Dynasty for the sub.

I've heard good things about the Paradigm, but then again, your now comparing 2way vs 3way as well. I would think you would get a lot larger/warmer feeling from the Heresy's. Then again, what do you plan to drive all this with?

Regarding the bias here, That is exactly why I posted.

That 5 Heresy and Epik Dynasty set up would be great!

Before all this, I was sure that I was going to do the 5 Heresy all around and have 2 Seaton Submersives.. and the more I stare what I just typed my mind begins to manifest the desire for said set-up..

I'd say that's a vote for Klipsch Heresys.

I'd be using the A/V Reciever in my sig block. Rated 130w X 7.

_Bill