Promedia 4.1 Subwoofer to an A/V Receiver

berto

Smile.gif so you moved it down south Smile.gif good Wink.gif (i like the smilies)

can you answer my question from up north about what kind of receiver and whether it has pre outs and what not? also, if you get teh DD51 from klipsch you can actually improve your receiver, some ppl in the home audio section who do not have a DTS decoder on their receiver has shown great interest in teh DD51 as their decoder. (and would make it really easy to hook up your promedia's Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Justin,

My receiver is a Harman Kardon AVR 120.

You can get some details here:

http://www.harmankardon.com/product_detail.asp?cat=REC&ser=∏=AVR%20120&sType=

I think it's that funky DIN connector on the klipsch

subwoofer. Went to Tweeter and they did not know of

an adapter and mentioned the DIN seems proprietary. I was just wondering if klipsch had anything that would

go from the subwoofer directly to a receiver. Thanks.

berto

well your receiver does not have Preout's so connecting the promedia sat's to it really risks killing the sats... but there is some hope. there is 40 wats per channel at 8ohms, if i had my physics notes i could tell you if it would be safe running it basically at 4ohm, what the equvialent would be. i know anyone in the home audio section would know this. and then to power the sub, you would just use the sub output on the receiver and hook that to a mini mono to rca mono adapter into the receiver and plug the mini stereo end into the front l/f input on the subwoofer.

this is not really recommended cause you could blow the sats but it is possible, but wait to do anything till we find out what

8ohms-4ohms

40W - xW

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>