35 Watt Tube Amp For Epic CF3

Ruben1

35 watts should be plenty for all but the loudest applications. I used an 18w Scott integrated and 8w EL84 SET amp on a pr of CF-3's and they worked out well though I never attempted to shake the walls.

Bi-amping isn't necessary and in your case, may be overkill as 35 watts will pump the woofers fine. Besides, the Epics are not set up for bi-amping, only bi-wiring so you'll need a crossover. If you're doing this out of curiosity, have at it and have fun but if you're attempting to improve the sound, I'd suggest saving yourself the headache and frustration. There are a lot of variables to deal with more that can go wrong than right before you find the mix of gear that works in your setup and room.

Thank you for the reply. I was looking to bi wire to see if there is some improvement in the sound by driving the horns with a tube amp and the woofers with a SS amp.

Besides improving the sound I was also looking to play with this as part of the hobby and see how if any the sound changes by using different type of amps with these speakers. So it is part curiosity as part of the hobby and part sound improvement effort.

So, having said all this should I hear any improvement if the horns are driven by tubes and the woofers by a SS amp in a bi wire arrangement?

Thanks