Buzz/Scratch Type Sound

Orgymang

Ok... well I got Klipsch Promedia 4.1's for X-Mas and they worked fine for awhile but now they make wierd scractch type noises. Recently, I have tried a few things to try to fix it but nothing has been sucessful. I have found out that the sound is really noticable when the surround sound knob on the control pod thingy is turned up. Right now it is all the way off but the sound is still apparent in most of the songs I listen to. I know I prolly sound like an *** or something cause I'm complaining but when you pay this kind of money for something u expect it to work flawlessly. So, does anyone know of a possible solution or do you think I should return them to Best Buy and see if I can get a new set? Thanks in advanced for any help.

did you get the extended warranty from best buy?

is the scrat only when you turn the knob?

is it with certain songs only

have you turned down the equalizer a little

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

1. Not sure about the warrenty... I would have to talk to the person that bought them.

2. I can still hear the sound when the surround sound knob is all the way at minimum but its not as apparent as when the knob is all the way up at maximum.

3. It is also apparent more on some songs more then others

4. Yes, I turned down play control (50%) and wave (75%) and it still does it.

Also this sound is only there when I use all four speakers. I set it to use 2 and the sound isnt there at all.

This message has been edited by Orgymang on 03-12-2002 at 12:31 AM

i bet you have a creative sound card don't you?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

i am going to go out on a limb here, not a very long one though, and say that the problem lay with your sound card. try another and see if the problems stop. i bet they will.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

funny you ask Smile.gif click here to see what i think, this is my website i made to help out ppl like yourself Smile.gif

http://www.lotsui.net/soundwise/id50.htm

bottom line, anything but creative? yeah Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

before you get a new sound card, test the speakrs on a portable cd player's headphone output and if it sounds great, uninstal the sound card, move it further away from teh video card and reinstall it and see if that fixes it. if it does not fix it, then you will need a new card.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

yea... i tried that stuff already... its as far from video card as possible... and i tested it on the cd player and it seemed to work fine... but like i said it only seems to happen with surround sound... which i guess would mean it is the sound card...

i was thinking of going with the Turtle Beach - Santa Cruz... found it for like 60 bucks

that is an absolutely great card.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

no problem Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Ive got an Audigy, and from every review I have seen, its supposed to be a kick *** card. But I am also having a crackling noise with my 4.1's mostly when I have all 4 speakers goin. I dont think its the sound card though.. because when I move the fader on the speakers (kill the rears) it goes away.. which makes me think its the amp. I also got mine at best buy though.. and do have the service plan... but this is already my second set! Sigh.

nick

is it your second set with the same problem? if so, look at using another sound card and see what that does. or get a cd player and a mini stereo y adapter from radio shack and play the cd player through the 4.1's. how does that sound? you don't have to get teh y dadpter unless you want all 4.1 speakers playing at once Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support