Upgrading my iFi

kpdesigns

I've owned an iFi for several years now and it's been great! However, I have gotten to the point where I'm using the iFi as more of CInema and computer speaker system rather than an ipod system. I hooked my computer up to the line in port and I hooked my tv up to the Aux line in port at the back of the doc. Everything seems to be working fine, however there is no center channel for voices. This sort of bothers me because on lots of Blu Rays the music overwhelms the dialog. Should I think about scrapping my ifi and just starting over? Or is there something I can do with my ifi?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

There could be a number of reasons why dialogue is difficult to hear.

1) a particularly reflective Room

2) a large room

3) a tweeter with poor off-axis performance

4) low SNR pre-amp

I assume this is not a TV sitting on your desk and you are actually sitting away from it at some distance. #3 and #4 will definitely affect your ability to hear vocals. I've heard the ifi and it's fantastic, but they are a pair of multimedia speakers so compared to typical stereo/ht speakers their performance suffers quite a bit from bad off-axis performance and a noisy pre-amp. If this is in a office-sized room, then #1 (and #2) is unlikely.

So a few questions:

1) How big is a the room

2) How far away do you sit from your TV?

3) How far away are the speakers from you?