Having an issue with S4's oval tips

kwilks3

Just picked up a set of S4's 2 days ago. The issue I'm having is that the medium size ear tips are too small, and I don't get a good seal. And the large are too big. They tend to fall out fairly easily. Is there possibly an in-between size available? Would the Large double-flange possibly be a better fit? If so, is it possible to buy just one set? I don't need 4 sets like Klipsch sells on their website. I love the sound of these S4's, but I'm at the point of possibly taking them back for something that fits better.

Maybe I'm not understanding, When you replace the oval tips with the sonys, they connect to the earbuds ok, meaning the grooves line up. I don't want the end of the earbud to go through the tip/cushions and into my ear. It's just that these S4's have an odd size connection for earbuds making it so you have to use only their tips/cushion.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after some trial and error, I found some kickass tips that suit me and my S4's. Shure soft flex size medium tips that are meant for the Ec3's or SCL5's. I had to cut about 2-3mm off the input part on the tips to get the right profile. But now that it set, I can finally enjoy these without them falling out. I tried the Sony tips, but they made the earphones stick out too far from my ears.

S4's w/Shure tips

img0075euv.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have been thinking about the tips for a while. The mediums that came with my S4's fit perfectly, but they don't do the best job of blocking out sound. I wish Klipsch would make something out of a foam material with the same shape.

Any suggestions for awesome tips to blockout 1000 screaming children so I can listen to music in peace?

Part of me has thought about trying different headphone's but I've tried a buddy's Shure's and these are way better.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I contacted Klipsch about 3-4 weeks ago when I first bought these about getting a set of the double flange. The person I was in contact with said Klipsch would send me a pair of the double flange they make to see if they have a better fit. That person told me he had sent a message to shipping to have a pair of these sent to me, but I'm guessing either that didn't happen, shipping screwed up, or it may have become lost in the mail. Overall I'm not impressed at all with the customer service. And I'm not paying for a set of tips I believe should have been included with the S4's. If Klipsch sold them by the pair, I would have bought them. I don't need 4 pairs of the same size. That doesn't make sense to me.

As for buying replacement tips, I know people on eBay sell many popular types of replacements. Take for example Shure's. Only problem is they only come in packs of 10, or 5 pairs. What I do is contact the seller and ask if they can sell me one pair. So far every one I have asked has sold me one pair for a very reasonable price.