promedia 2.1 boomy sub

Zortrium

This is more of a newbie audio question than a tech support question about my 2.1s, but I'd appreciate any responses. I rearranged my living room today and moved my computer and speakers onto a new desk. The subwoofer is now sounding incredibly boomy, especially across the room, and I'm not sure what to do to mitigate it. On my old desk, I had the subwoofer dial at >50% and never had a problem, but now it's too boomy even at <50%. My old desk was wooden with closed sides and a shelf down near my feet on which I had the subwoofer. My new desk (also wooden) has open sides and no shelf near my feet, so the subwoofer is just resting on my carpet. Otherwise, apart from moving my desk to the other side of the room, everything else is the same (both new and old placements were against the middle of a wall, not near a corner). Should I try putting something hard under my sub?

My advice is to change the orientation of your sub.

Not sure where the port is currently located, but I try to position mine so that the port is facing towards a wall.... sometimes on an angle. (Have 2 sets; plus my main system's sub).

Likely the location change is the culprit.... My opinion..... [:)]

Good luck