speaker help?

kearneym

I have a set of B-2 shelve speakers, I noticed that the bottom speaker (bass) is not working at all there is no sound coming from it. I haveplayed with the wires the balance and bass adjustments. I still have no sound is my speaker blown? The top speaker is working (tremble). THought maybe there is a fuss or something. Usually when a speaker is blown is sounds distorted, this has no sound at all. Can anyone help?

Guest davidness

You first need to determine if it's the speaker 'driver', or the crossover (or, if you're really lucky, a loose/disconnected wire inside). Since you probably have a pair of the speakers in question, start by simple swapping: speaker for speaker, driver for driver). By doing so, you'll be able to determine the exact part that isn't working.

Once you determine that, call up Klipsch Parts department to see about ordering a replace component.

You can connect a AA battery to each driver seperately. It will make a working tweeter scratch with each small movement of the wire on the battery. With a working woofer, it will make it jump out or in (depending on polarity). If a driver does nothing with a AA connected, that's your baddie needing replacement. If all drivers pass the AA test, it must be your crossover.

The AA won't damage anything....way too little power.

Hope this helps.