Speakers B level

Vette82

Hi ,

I would like to know how to set the level for all my speakers including the subwoofer. receiver i have is Yamaha RX-V1900 and speakers are RF-62/RC62/RB-61/RW-10 D .. speaker level option in my receiver goes from -10.0 db to +10.0 db . your answer is appreciated.

Thanks all in advance.

I have a Yamaha as well, so I am familiar with the speaker level setting. Unless there is a reason, I would keep everything set at 0. I have two pair of front speakers, so to offset this, I have to increase the level of power to the surrounds. Additional, I set the center to +6, otherwise it is drowned out by the fronts.

If you have smaller rear speakers, it might be better to increase the output to them. You should be able to go into your settings and also input the distance of the speakers from your listening position. I have tried the 'YPAO,' but prefer to adjust the settings manually. Good luck.

Thank you for the info , i have RF-62 Front and RC-62 center and RB-61 for the rear and RW-10D subwoofer. i will set the level of the speakers as you recommended. but for the crossover settings. what would u suggest me to set it to . For example: set the all speakers to large and LFE to SWRF and crossover to 80Hz or set all speakers to Small and LFE to SWRF which i means to subwoofer only and crossover to 80HZ .. let me know what the best settings would be suitable for my system. Your answer is appreicated.

Thank you very much in Advance.

I have nine big speakers: 4 RF-7s, 4 KLF-30s, and an RC-7. I, at least with my system, must agree with the THX recommendation. I have tried all different settings and by far the best sounding, and the best slam with bass, is with all set to small. I have my crossover on the RSW-12 set to inactive, and let my receiver do the crossover at 80hz. I have changed the setting on the crossover and always come back to the THX specifications as sounding best. I have had my wife change settings to test me in what sounds better (without me knowing what was changed, or to what extent), and I always choose the same. The nice thing about this is less power from the amplifier (or receiver) is being used to produce bass, allowing more power to the mids and highs, with the amp in the sub doing most of the work for bass.

I forgot to add: set LFE to subwoofer.

I recently changed what room my system is in. In doing so, the receiver reverted to "Both" for LFE and set the speaker size to large. When I started listening, I knew something was different, and not in a good way. When I changed it to my preference, I noticed an improvement.

Yamaha receives can be frustrating to navigate (the menu). But, once you get it down, and tweak the setup your liking, the effort is well worth it..