Can I use Promedia 2.1 speakers without a computer??

Truman72

I called the technical support before I bought the promedia 2.1 speakers and they told I could use them without hooking them up to a computer and only to play music from my Iphone. Well, they arrived today and I when I hook them up the two speakers play fine but the sub has no sound at all. I have all the cables hooked up except for the mini plug which is supposed to goto the computer sound card. What did I do wrong, what should I be doing with the mini plug since there is no computer in the being used?

thanks so much for your help.

Jeff

That is what I thought, I hooked it up to my computer and the sub still does not work and even one of the other speakers does not play when hooked to the computer, I think I got a bad unit.

Just to be sure, if you hook yours up to your ipod or mp3, your sub and the other two speakers work fine?

Wait a minute, you bought these new? Did they arrive today with a manual? The mini plug should be plugged into whatever your source is. Is the mini plug not the input for the 2.1`s? It is for mine. How did your speakers play w/o using the mini plug? From what I`m reading here sounds like you should review the manual for connectivity options. You are refering to the green mini?