1986 Cornwall II

Glen Sinclair

Well just hooked up the Chorus II's I just purchased and am very pleased !! Along the way I came across a pair of Cornwall II's which I would rate 8.5 on a scale of 10, dude said he will sell them for $500 I couldn't resist and am picking them up tomorrow. Total for both pairs $1150 [:D] Good score on my part ! Next will be the center and an upgrade to HT components, What's the fourms take on the 86 Cornwall's should I upgrade any of the components within the speakers or leave them as is ? I'm no audiophile but do enjoy and appreciate good sound.

Thanks Glen

Just replaced the mid and tweeter diaphragms with the Crites upgrades in my 87 Cornwall II's. Let me get a little more time on them and i will be glad to share my impressions of them with you. When i did the same thing with my KLF20's in my second system, seems like it took about 50 hrs of play time for them to open up. Is the difference in sound worth the $60 per speaker cost to upgrade? Jury is still out for me right now because the original speaker setups sounded pretty decent to my ears to start with.