Dead 3 mo. old S4's...No response from support

rmh613

Hello-

I have a pair of Image S4 headphones that I purchased in late December. A few days ago, the right earbud completely died. While listening with them on my ipod the right side just started to clip in and out until finally the sound died altogether. Prior to this, the sound quality had been gradually deteriorating, to the point where any volume about halfway on my ipod would cause noticeable distortion. They have hardly any wear at all (nothing compared to the ones I saw on a cnet article http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12519_7-10435400-49.html , which were basically destroyed but still replaced under warranty), I clean them frequently and store them properly. I have emailed customer support twice and have not received a response. I would expect that they should be replaced under warranty, given that they are only 3 months old. The only difficulty is that I purchased them at a bestbuy in the States (i'm a US resident), but I'm now studying in London for several months.

Klipsch customer support, I've heard such great things about you, but where are you??

Thanks,

Ryan

• Moderators

We're here!

Can you forward me your emails to make sure they are getting through? Include the place of purchase with receipt, if you have it.

Thank you!

amy.unger@klipsch.com

• 3 weeks later...

That's interesting. Same thing happened to me just yesterday...on the SAME (right) side (manufacturing defect perhaps????). I called Klipsch and they said call the vendor I bought it from (soundearphones.com). Soundearphones said just ship them back and they will send me a new pair. Hopefully it is in fact that simple. Hope your case works out.