turning xf48 5.1 into 7.1

Robert777

Wow, after looking at the XF-48 setup I think you can use any of those speakers as the last 2 channels for a 7.1 setup.

If you have the room, another pair of XF-48 can be used for you surrounds and move those current surrounds to the rear surrounds.

Or you can get another pair of the XL-23. Since these can be used as LCR, they can be used for surrounds.

Then the last, the XB-10. If cost was the issue then a pair of these would be great. Then you would have 2 pairs of XB-10's in the setup.

What is the current setup you have for the XF-48 setup? What is that setup missing that you want to go to 7.1? Do you have budget for these last two speakers?

James

After all that I almost forgot...

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.....

Welcome, yes it is nice to be able to get a good answer. I have the setup as displayed on the klipsch recommended 5.1 setup. I want to step up to 7.1 but was not knowing the best choice for that. I thought about XB-10. I don't know how dynamic the middle surrounds should be in comparison to the rest of the system in 7.1. All the setup is missing is the two final speakers, I would like to purchase any two speakers, except, another pair of XF-48. What would you recommend and why? Read the last bit of lyrics at the bottom of your reply, now I got to put some ATLiens on before I turn the lights out tonight.

Robert

What would you recommend and why?

That is tough.. With not a lot of movies or music recorded for 7.1 it really is a toss up.

I would say that since you currently have the XB-10 for your 4th and 5th channel that they would be the perfect fit for the 6th and 7th. This would make all the surround speakers the same, an even and smooth transition.

Now if you like to spend some money go for the XL-23, we always like to spend other peoples money. Then once you have everything setup you can play with the placement, if you want them as your 4th and 5th channel or they sound better as the 6th and 7th.

I am not an expert at all in 7.1, I am just thinking that all the surround speakers matching would be the best setup. Kind of like having the front three speakers matching, the best front stage you can have...

James

Hi James, yes I am thinking the exact same thing all the surrounds should match. I will go with the XB-10, they are very cool looking, and I believe even better with four surrounding the room. Compact and powerful, not too much and definitely not too little, XB-10s. Im going to pick them up this week. I appreciate the help, I know sometime in the near future I will be enquiring about a second sub, but first things first, bestbuy here I come.

Thanks, Robert