SS-1 surrounds vs. S-1 surrounds

mbr311

So here's the dilemna - ideally i would like to get the RS-10 surrounds to keep everything I have in the reference series, but I found a great deal on some used SS-1s on ebay (I am currently winning the bidding) and even found someone on here selling their S-1s for $85 shipped. With my living room being a rectangle and the inevitable placement of my surrounds I think both will do an ample job. The question is, which one is better for me given that I can get both for under $100?

This is what I could find but I'm kind of a noob (seems that the S-1s have a greater range of sounds but I dunno):

SS-1s frequency response, wattage and specs: 65Hz-20Hz, 100 watts continuous (400watts peak), 2-1" Aluminum dome compression drivers, 5" square Tractrix horn, 5.25" IMG cone woofer
S-1s frequency response, wattage and specs: 95Hz-23Hz, 50 watts continuous (200watts peak), 2-0,75" Aluminum dome compressoin tweeters, 2x4" Tractrix horns, 4" woofer

So which is the better speaker? I have heard the SS-1s in play because my buddy has a full line of Klipsch speakers, RF-62s, RW-10d, RC-35 and SS-1s for surrounds and his living room is 500 square feet bigger than mine at least and I think they sound really good that's why I don't feel bad about not getting the RS-10s even though I know they are a better surround, plus my living room is so small I don't think it's really going to matter. But between the two, if anyone can point me in the right direction I sure would be obliged. Thanks! Oh yea the other advantage on the SS-1s are that they are white so I can blend them in fairly well mouting them on the wall which is always nice. You guys have been great with the advice sorr for the noob questions!

Mark