Cornscala project in motion......

Finally got a break in the action today, the little man took a 3 hour nap this afternoon. So that freed up some time and I've got one of the Cornscalas ready for veneer. The rosewood veneer is looking rather nice, and if I have it figured right there will be enough left to finish a set of Jubilees. Sure would be nice to have a matching set of those, [6]

Now how to finish the veneer??? BLO them, laquer or a satin polyurethane???

Decisions, decisions..............

• 2 weeks later...

Well thought that I had it all figured out???? Started to lay some veneer on my slow, forward moving Cornscala project and found that my chosen method of cutting veneer wasn't going to cut it(pun intended). The first cut went rather well, but the second wasn't nearly as perfect. I had a few small protrusions off of my other than square piece. At this stage should I try to either sand it or cut it again. I really don't want to cut it again since there is an attractive blonde streak through that edge that I don't want to waste. The way it looks by bookmatching the veneer I'll end up with three blonde stripes from front to rear that will extend down the sides from the top. I'm using contact cement and have already learned how unforgiving it can be, I believe I'll try the iron glue on the next cabinet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God Bless....

post-20547-13819583533662_thumb.jpg

, figured out another method. Anyhow back on track and have placed another six pieces of veneer, what a time consuming labor intense job this has turned out to be. I have however learned a few things and that this is not for the faint at heart. Here is a picture of the progress on the first cabinet. I'll have to pick up some more contact cement this evening to move ahead any further. I am hoping that if I concentrate on this I should have the both of them done by tomorrow evening.

post-20547-1381958355667_thumb.jpg