S4i remote not working right out of the box.

noelb96706

I just received my Klipsch S4i through Amazon via UPS and plugged it into my iphone 3Gs. Everything works and sounds well, however the PLAY, SKIP TRACKS button doesn't respond when I click it. It makes calls, and also responds when I hold it down for voice control. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help me out?

Hmmm, that is strange. If it works for voice contol it should work for everything else. When playing music you should be able to press once to pause and once again to resume play. Two rapid clicks should skip a track and 3 rapid clicks should go back a track.

You will have to practice a bit to get the timing right. It took me a couple of trys before I got the speed of the clicks down. You do have to click them fairly fast...slow clicks will not work. Let us know if this helps you out.

OK, I just tested it out on my friends iPhone 3Gs and it works perfectly fine. However, he has the latest software update from Apple and I don't. I'm still running the 3.1.2 and my phone is jailbroken. Which is kind of confusing. Do these earphones know if your phone is jailbroken? I thought it didn't matter. I may just end up restoring everthing and updating to the new software. Hopefully it all works.

*update*

I just tested it out on another friends iPhone 3Gs that is still running the 3.1.2 software and it works on her phone (not jailbroken). I then tested it out with the old earbuds that came with the phone and my PLAY/PAUSE/SKIP doesn't work at all. I think I may have a messed up headphone jack, or it just isn't compatible with jailborken iPhones?? I'll restore it when I get home from work and test it out again. Hopefully that is the problem. If it isn't, then I still have the apple care warranty and I'll see if apple can fix my jack.