University Horn Driver Repair

dspiffy

I have a bunch of University horn drivers: Two SA-HF's, two ID-60's, two PA-30's, one PAH, two MA-25's, an SAH, an ID-30, an ID-40, possibly a few others.

One of the ID-60's and the ID-30 are buzzy. Is there any repair to this?

The SA-HF's, MA-25's, and the SAH all test open. One of the SA-HF's actually reads 16 ohms when you put meter leads to the screw terminals, but when you attach wire leads to them and then measure from the leads, it measures open. This leads me to believe it is a problem with the terminals, and probably on the other drivers as well as they are old and crusty. HOW do you open these drivers without damaging them, so I can replace the terminals?

One of the PA-30's tests open when you bypass the transformer. Are there replacement diaphragms for these, or any other repairs?

Thanks for any advice. I particularly love the sound of the SA-HF's and PA-30s. I would love to have them all working

God bless.

That is very helpful, but I still dont have a clue how to open the damn thing. There are no screws or any visble way to take the case apart. It looks like a mini beehive.

I'd much rather get the PA-30 and SA-HF's working, they sound much better than the ID series.

THANKS!