Home Theatre Virgin

Cory

Hey all =] This is my first time posting on the board, but not first time reading. I'm a Klipsch promedia fanatic that climbed the ladder, so to speak ;D We will be moving to a new house and I have decided (not totally) on the following setup because i have a budget of around 1500 for speakers. Was wondering if anyone had feedback, negatives, or suggestions for me since im a virgin here :D

SB-2 Fronts

SC 5.5 Center

SS.5 surrounds

KSW-12 sub

This is obviously a synergy 6 system with a few tweaks. I read like 1000 reviews and many suggested up-in the sub from the KSW-10 to the 12 for power. And the Sb-1's looked a little weak to me for fronts.

Anyone? Plz :P

On the front, I'd at least go for the suggested matching center, the SC-1. You want a good match there. Is there room in your setup for a SB-2 as a center -- that would be a perfect match for the front soundstage.

If the budget allows, go with the SS-1 rears as well. Again, they are the suggested match to the SB-2.

And yes, go with a 12" sub, IMHO.

Doug

------------------

My System

I don't think SS-.5s will sound bad with SB-2s. Rear speakers are mostly still effects in HT -- it's 5 channel music that has the potential to really show up any differences. But I'm using SS-1s with my Chorus (and they totally outgun the SS-1s) but they work fine for HT.

If budget doesn't allow, I'm sure you'll be fine with the SS-.5s!

Doug

------------------

My System