ProMedia Ultra 5.1 got amp back from repair, not working again

etcbrendan

proud klipsch owner since about 2003. Never had problems until recently. My klipsch promedia ultra 5.1 stopped working in about November, i finaly got some money to get it shipped out and repaired in late March, got it back yesterday(4-17-10), used it for less than an hour and im having the same problem.

So here i am for the second time, the problem is a constant whining or squeeling in the speakers, its noise level remains the same at all volumes. The sound is totaly distorted and i must use headphones to hear anything. Also the whining sound remains if i pull the plugs from the soundcard. I learned from a tech to test the control module by switching to HP mode, and plugging in the headphones. The amp will function with headphones thru HP mode.

I was hoping someone could shed light as to what else the problem may be. I've read other threads, and i was thinking maybe the power supply could be a factor. I apologize for this thread that is a regular post around here, im just seeking the community's experience before i possibly have to pay for the same repair. Below are specs of my pc

custom built AMD 955be in a HAF 922 case

m4a79t motherboard 4 gigs of ram

upgraded zalman fans and upgraded cpu fan

win7 64 home

sapphire radeon hd 4890 video card

soundblaster xfi extreme gamer edition sound card

I hear ya, I just spent $125 on a new amp, sent the controller along and Klipsch mysteriously said they never received it, bought a controller off ebay and now the DIN plug broke (common issue with these POS 5.1's!

NO wonder Klipsch doesnt sell them anymore, too many dang issues! I will never buy another Klipsch product EVER!