P-17B at home and break in under way...

TheEAR

Hello fellow Klipschers just purchased the P-17B last night, unpacked them and set them up. A few things to note.

The cabinets are gorgeous,great fit and finish. The zebra wood finish is truly a sight, the drivers of high quality, binding posts very solid and look great, I like the keyed binding posts. The gold plated jumpers need better quality control , one had spots on it looked like ...rust! Not too great the PRC quality control.

Now the sound is clearly more focused,detailed and transparency on another level than the Klipsch reference RB5's, compared to Dynaudio Confidence C1's it was a close run. The C1 overall more natural sounding, I have to say both are not broken in and fresh out of boxes. I will give my verdict in 200-300 hours of use. For now ,as they are they sound great. I use a Bryston 4B SST to drive the Klipsch Berkeley DAc for digital to analog conversion, a reference class DAC known in the High-End to compete with the ubber multi piece DACs costing several times more.Preamp used Parasound HALO JC2, just about as neutral as it gets,transparency supreme.And Pioneer DV-AX10 to play SACD's fed direct to JC2.

This morning after around 30 hours of break in I was impatient to hear the Palladium again. I selected the following...

Sheffield Jazz Experience a classic used countless times for demos Sierra Highways- Pat Coil.

Sheffield Pop Experience Til They My heart Away- Clair Marlo

Chesky Westminster Choir O Magnum Mysterium

Chesky Audiophile Vocal Recordings Isn't She Lovely- Livingston Taylor

Reference Recordings Organ Odyssey- Mary Preston (sub assisted,Sub1)

Reference Recordings Pomp & Pipes (sub assisted,Sub1)

Reference Recordings The Bach Gamu- Virgil Fox (sub assisted,Sub1)

GRP All Star BIG BAND

GRP Lee Ritenour Collection

A few on Candyrat, Stefano Barone,Steffen Schackinger, Andy McKee, Antoine Dufour and Kelly Valleau (all guitar recordings)

Niacin Niacin Live!

Bliss Quiet Letters (U.S. Edition)

Al-Andalus Ensemble 21 Strings

Daniel Lanois Shine

Dean Magraw / Jim Anton & JT Bates Unseen Rain

After Hours George Duke

111 Years of Deutsche Grammophon The Swan- Mischa Maisky

Plenty of listening today, I will report tonight.

Posted Image
By myry8rfw at 2010-05-17

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well I was not able to post last night, too many pieces of gear to move...[:S] Today I will. [:D]

Sorry Sunday I was too taken with music, tonight I post pictures and ...impressions. Know they are positive,very positive. The Palladium are tuly Klipsch finest effort in the compact segment. Now I wish Klipsch made a larger stand mounted version, selling point 8-9K using the flagship mid-bass.

So Klipsch you have another Palladium owner,a very happy owner here.

Images up shortly...