Vote for the best rigs...

Once you have seen all 5 user's rigs, http://www.lotsui.net/soundwise/id76.htm, please vote on the poll so we can see who has the best rig.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

yeah, the , got in the way, sorry bout that

http://www.lotsui.net/soundwise/id76.htm

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

i could only vote once... i don't think it actually counts your vote twice, but it appears like it does never telling you that you voted twice.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

• 4 weeks later...

Man, you really like promedia's. You use them for ALL your systems?! Since the ProMedias were designed for near-field, I think normal home theater speakers would sound better. Also you have really high placement above your big screen. They would provide a better front image if they were lowered to at least the top of the big screen, if not a bit lower.

d3 `-{>

Yes, that is very true. But the only setup that does not have the best sound for the buck would be the one with 46" HDTV. The computer setup and the one with the 55" HDTV both sound great, but because of how the contractors installed the speaker cable, I was limited to where I could put them Frown.gif However, did you check out my $42,000 home theater I am buildng? http://www.lotsui.net/soundwise/id95.htm

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Hehe, thats pretty serious. Here I am picking nits about speaker placement and I had no idea you were doing a project so comprehensive. with a $42,000 budget, I'm sure you will take great pains to ensure proper speaker placement.

At the end you ask for speaker recommendations. Have you considered B&W? If you haven't listened to them, you owe it to yourself to try.

d3 `-{>

I actually have spent many hours listening to B&W's. They are terrific musical speakers, but for movies, I prefer the Klipsch's, and since this is more a movie room, I am going to go with the RF-7's. I plan to either make or buy some horn speakers like Q-Man's, similar to Klipsch's heritage stuff. These are terrific for music, so I will be set there too Smile.gif Thanks for the suggestion though. Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

• 2 weeks later...

Justin,

You still taking submissions for the poll? I just took some pics I want to submit.

------------------

"IN FOOTBALL, I ROOT FOR THE OAKLAND RAIDERS, BECAUSE THEY HIRE

CASTOFFS, OUTLAWS, MALCONTENTS AND F#CKUPS. THEY HAVE LOTS OF PENALTIES, FIGHTS, AND PAYBACKS AND BECAUSE AL DAVIS TOLD THE REST OF THE PIG NFL OWNERS TO GO GET F#CKED! SOMEDAY, THE RAIDERS WILL BE STRONG AGAIN AND THEY WILL DIP THE BALL IN SH!T, AND SHOVE IT DOWN THE THROATS OF THE WHOLESOME, SH!TTY, HEARTLAND TEAMS THAT PRAY TOGETHER AND DON'T DELIVER LATE HITS"

-GEORGE CARLIN 1996

quote:

Originally posted by Westside_Pirate:

Justin,

You still taking submissions for the poll? I just took some pics I want to submit.

sure! send them to klipschter@yahoo.com i can't wait to see them!!!!!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Sent off my pics! I compressed them in Windows XP. Let me know if you can open them okay.

------------------

CASTOFFS, OUTLAWS, MALCONTENTS AND F#CKUPS. THEY HAVE LOTS OF PENALTIES, FIGHTS, AND PAYBACKS AND BECAUSE AL DAVIS TOLD THE REST OF THE PIG NFL OWNERS TO GO GET F#CKED! SOMEDAY, THE RAIDERS WILL BE STRONG AGAIN AND THEY WILL DIP THE BALL IN SH!T, AND SHOVE IT DOWN THE THROATS OF THE WHOLESOME, SH!TTY, HEARTLAND TEAMS THAT PRAY TOGETHER AND DON'T DELIVER LATE HITS"

-GEORGE CARLIN 1996

quote:

Sent off my pics! I compressed them in Windows XP. Let me know if you can open them okay.

errr.... i did not get the pics.

the email is klipschter@yahoo.com

let me know if you are getting an error message.

i use WinXP Pro, so no worries there Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Justin,

Why not go buy 4 Klipschorns and a single Heritage speaker for a center. I think you'll be happier then the newer stuff from Klipsch. Add a Rel sub and you'll have an amazing system. I don't really like the sound of the newer two way Klipsch stuff. Just my opinion. You have so many options with that kind of cash. For any amp I would consider the Parasound 220 watt amp or the B&K 7250. I think you could pay a lot more for an amp but not get much more in performace. My money would go into the speakers which are the most important components. A good processor and CD player also helps. I like the reference 30 from B&K. Good luck.

quote:

Originally posted by trader:

Justin,

Why not go buy 4 Klipschorns and a single Heritage speaker for a center. I think you'll be happier then the newer stuff from Klipsch. Add a Rel sub and you'll have an amazing system. I don't really like the sound of the newer two way Klipsch stuff. Just my opinion. You have so many options with that kind of cash. For any amp I would consider the Parasound 220 watt amp or the B&K 7250. I think you could pay a lot more for an amp but not get much more in performace. My money would go into the speakers which are the most important components. A good processor and CD player also helps. I like the reference 30 from B&K. Good luck.

check out my post in the home audio forum. the newest topic by me, the continuation of the home theater..., has what i am getting. i can not really go with heritage because of the room setup Frown.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Justin,

I got an returned error message saying message exceeded maximum size. The file was only about 6.3 megs.

------------------

-GEORGE CARLIN 1996

quote:

Justin,

I got an returned error message saying message exceeded maximum size. The file was only about 6.3 megs.

only 6.3 megs?! haha. that is a massive picture, how many did you send? what format were they? I am allowed 5 megs at once. try making them jpegs and that should work.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Actually, it was about 6 or 7 pics. Most of them were in 1280x1024 res. I'll crop them down and resize them. Sorry about that.

------------------

-GEORGE CARLIN 1996

quote:

Actually, it was about 6 or 7 pics. Most of them were in 1280x1024 res. I'll crop them down and resize them. Sorry about that.

no prob. that would be too large for the vast majority anyways, 1240x768 is more than enough.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Justin,

I got yet another error message. The file was only about 2.5 megs. Not sure what's going. I pasted the message below.

The original message was received at Tue, 7 May 2002 18:03:05 -0700 (PDT)

from snipe.mail.pas.earthlink.net <207.217.120.62>

----- The following addresses had transient non-fatal errors -----

<klipschter@yahoo.com>

----- Transcript of session follows -----

... while talking to mx2.mail.yahoo.com.:

<<< 421 VS2-IP5 Excessive unknown recipients - possible Open Relay http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/spam/spam-18.html (#4.1.8)

... while talking to mx1.mail.yahoo.com.:

>>> QUIT

<<< 421 VS2-IP5 Excessive unknown recipients - possible Open Relay http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/spam/spam-18.html (#4.1.8)

... while talking to mx4.mail.yahoo.com.:

>>> QUIT

<klipschter@yahoo.com>... Deferred: Connection reset by mx4.mail.yahoo.com.

Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours

Will keep trying until message is 3 days old

------------------

-GEORGE CARLIN 1996

try emailing c3aruba@yahoo.com

that may work.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support