Hook up ProMedia 5.1 speakers with digital decoder to my TV

bitties

Hey everyone,

I'm having a bit of an issue getting my setup. This might be a little complicated, but this is my setup:

Subwolf to digital decoder, digital decoder to an RCA Splitter Box, to the TV. Only problem is, instead of having Right and Left RCA going to digital decoder, I have the Right RCA going to the digital decoder, and the Left RCA going to the TV. If I move the Left RCA came to the digital decoder I lose the video input and receive "Unusuable signal". So currently I only have sound coming out of one speaker. Does everyone know why this is happening?

Thanks

-Tom

There is a 3.5mm male to male cable going from the Left/Right input on the subwoofer to a RCA converter, then to the Left/Right Output on the Digital Decoder.

Then from the A/V Selector (Output) I have a RCA cable (red/white/yellow) going to the Digital Decoder (white) and also going to the TV itself (red/yellow).

It SHOULD be (red/white) going to the digital decoder to give me left and right speakers, but the video input (yellow) won't work without one additional cable (red/white).

I know this sounds confusing, if you want me to try to clarify I will try.

Thanks for any help!

(http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/promedia-dd-5-1-overview/)

What is the 'A/V Selector' that you are talking about? Is this your cable box or the tv itself? What is the sources your feeding the dd5.1 with?

Are you trying to use the dolby digital decoding on the dd5.1 or just one of the left/right inputs? From the sound, you just want a left/right input, but if you only yavethe one side connected your only aging to get the one output. What you need is a RCA to rca splitter to feed the audio cable that you have going to the tv to the dd5.1 as well.

The optimal was is to just use a digital out off your source. Hence why I am asking if it is a cable box or tv your getting the audio from. Every cable box I have seen in past 15 years has digital out, and you could just run that one cable to get your left/right/surround to the dd5.1 and use the regular RCA outs to feed the tv to allow you to select that input.

Hey Dgoreck,

I just wanted to thank you for trying to assist with this. The A/V selector is something I use to split my RCA connections so I don't have to get up and change the input every time I want to watch a DVD vs. using the Wii vs. hooking up my laptop.

So you need a RCA splitter and a extra pair of rca cables to split that second channel to theTV and the DD5.1. This will allow both left/right to the DD5.1 and you can still run the video and one of the audio feeds to the TV.

monoprice.com or deepsurplus.com are decent places for cheap cables.

Hey dgoreck,

I don't think that'll work, I can't split it any more than I already do. From the subwolfer I have a 3.5mm connection for both Left and Right speakers, going to an RCA splitter to the Digital Decoder. I can't think of a way to split the connection again.

Thanks!

RCA Femae to split RCA Female: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10401&cs_id=1040107&p_id=326&seq=1&format=2

Use pair of Male-Male RCA cables on your AV Selector Outputs (L/R). Connect other end of each Male RCA cable to the splitters. So now a splitter is attached to a Left and Right Channel. Now we need two more sets of Male-Male RCA cables. Off the Left Audio cable, connect the Left Male-Male RCA cable Female connection on the splitter. On the Right Audio Cable, connect the Right side of the Male-Male RCA cable you just used to the Female connection of the Right Audio Cable. Now run the other end of this Male-Male RCA cable to your Left/Right Inputs on the DD5.1 Now take the other Male-Male RCA cable, and connect that to the two open outputs of the splitters. Then connect those to the TV audio in. Lastly get a single Male-Male RCA cable to connect up the TV from the AV Slector to the TV In.

See diagram.(click HERE for larger version)

avselector.jpg