KG4 vs KG4.2

newkman

I have a pair of 4.2s that I love, & I just picked up a pair of 4s. I only have room for 1 pair so I'm looking for opinions on which pair should grace someone else's room. I haven't hooked up the 4s yet, so I will definitly reserve final judgement until after I give them a good, detailed listen.

So, what do you think?

I have owned KG 3.2's, 4's, 4.2's, 4.5's, 5.2's and 5.5's.

In my experiences with these, my favorites are the 5.5's first and then the 4's.

The 4's sound wonderful in a medium to small size room. If you have a medium to large room find a pair of 5.5's, if you want to stay with the KG series.

I will take the 4's over the 4.2's any day.

Tom

I have a pair of KLF-20 for my main room, the kgs are for my office/shop, basically a bedroom.

What is it that you like about the 4s?

Just by looks, they look more refined to me. Do you think they sound more refined?

I have owned a single KLF 20 and was very impressed with what I heard. Unfortunately I could not find another single to pair with it, so, I gave it to a friend.

I do think that Klipsch got it exactly right with the KG4. The drivers, xover and cabinet just work very well together.

I feel the other speakers in the KG series tend to be a bit muddy in the lower frequencies. That could possibly be my environment, I am not sure.

When I get the 4's placed just right the bass is full and sounds a bit tighter.

There is just something about the 4's that appeal to me more so than the rest of the KG series, with the exception of the 5.5's in a large room.

And yes, I do think the 4's sound a bit more refined.

Just my opinion.

Tom