Icon X Series XF-48!!!!!!

jwatson364

these beauties are normally priced at ~$1200 each, but they are on sale for $399.....

does anyone have any knowledge of their performance? i currently have have a pair of the icon F-2 towers as u can see from my sig....

are these worth $800 upgrade for the pair, yet alone msrp $2400????

also, is it best to hook them up to an amp like a marantz 1501 im gonna buy, or let the built-in amp power them???

I really have no experience with the icon speakers. Also you said you have icon f-2s but you meant vf-35s right? Okay well my first bit of advice is dont let the msrp fool you too much, also $800 is still alot for some speakers. For another couple hundred you would be getting in the used price range of some near perfect rf-63s. Yes, either using pre-outs run to them or else using speaker wire for the signal both work fine. The speaker wire is only sending a signal to the speakers though and not actually powering them, so choose a receiver accordingly. Personally i think that speakers without built in amps last longer, that is a good consideration. Also i wanted to point these speakers out http://www.wwstereo.com/website/ecommerce/productdetail.aspx?product=OS3-FS%20GLOSS%20BLACK use coupon code DA0608B to get the pair shipped for less than $500. Hopefully someone can chime in who has had experience with the xf-48, sorry i couldnt been of more help

my gut tells me that klipsch may be phasing them out? thats ahuge price drop, i saw that as well, they may be rolling out new models. TBH, i didnt see too much hype about those towers nor have i seen many people talk about them at all. I dont like them because of the built in amps, as much as its a nice thing to have, i agree, they wont last as long IMO. Hopefully the amps are better quality than then the crapy amps in the promedia series, great speakers but lackluster amps when they age.