DVD Recorder needs

Wrinkles

Some people, me for example, still record shows on DVD-RW discs. I retired my VHS recorder. My Sony DVD recorder with builtin Digital tuner is starting to give me problems. I need a replacement. I live out in the country and do not have cable. I watch what is over the airwaves. I do not need BluRay capability, but having it is not an issue. My TV is a 32 inch tube type (weighs 140 lbs) is what was referred to 6 years ago as "digital tuner ready", but does not have a builtin digital tuner. I may upgrade the TV to a flat screen in the future, but not this year.

Any suggestions for a replacement DVD recorder?

Thanks

I got a Samsung DVD/VCR unit a few years back, even before I put together my HT. It does a good job, but can now get the same thing for less than half of what I got this unit for I betcha. You can record and playback both DVD and VCR or dub your old tapes to DVD. We don't use it much anymore because we got the Bluray virus. They are just about giving these types of player/recorder units away now.

Thanks for the idea Dr. Mixon.

My VCR recorder player still plays well and is still available for connection.

So, mostly its a DVD recording issue and the strange things the component does when least expected.

I appreciate your input.