How I fixed my Custom 2's

Stocklone

It's very crude but I honestly didn't know what else to do since they are out of warranty. It was my third pair under the warranty and unfortunately it was one of the pairs with the very hard fabric. The kind that was kinked before you took them out of the box. My second pair was so much softer. I did this because I started seeing metal where rubber that was bulging out was starting to wear away. Anywhere the rubber was bulging badly out of the fabric due to kinks, I cut the fabric with a razor. Then I took a glue gun and sealed the wire back up so the fabric wouldn't go anywhere or unravel anymore and the rubber wouldn't experience anymore wear. This worked especially well right by the connector which had a huge amount of stress by it. The headphones look pretty ghettoriffic at this point but at least I'm not so worried they are going to break. I worry because they are without a doubt the best sounding and most comfortable headphones I have ever owned. Anybody else come up with any other solutions? Anybody see any flaws in my method besides it looking like crap? I'm hardly a materials scientist.

forget klipsch image and custom series until they found durable parts will actually last longer than 3 months. what i suggested you do is go to westone website and type in um2 in the search and pay 280 dollar for the earbuds because they have much more durable construction and they customer support is way better and soundwise this item beat triple10vi and se530/535. the cable is very high quality listen klipsch you make the best single armature out right now but this stuff strain relief is not durable as advertised please can you found a way for a more durable strain relief then maybe you can take down westone and shure or ultimate ear with they bad customer support they are own by logitech i will not buying anything they have logitech on it. because they don't know sound quality at all.

Those look quite good and the fact that you can buy a pair with removable cables is just freaking awesome! Every high end headphones should be like that. My one question is, when the cord is bumped how much noise do you hear? With the custom-2 you hear very little noise. I know that is not the case with all brands.

the removable cable sell for 300 dollar on earphonesolution.com (mine bad for miss leading info) or westone website. by the way earphonesolution is an authorized dealer and the normal one sell for 250 dollars. cord noise is not noticable at all because it made of some special type of vinyl but for info just go www.westone.com or contact customer at 1800-525-5071 or westone@westone.com they customer service is kick butt especially klipsch when you run out of warranty and they are no way of repairing them instead buying them again just try westone um2 with removable or without