S4i Remote Position

davegrant

I'm looking for advice from current S4i owners in terms of the remote position..

I'd like to purchase a pair for use with my iPhone however i understand that the remote is placed at the yolk instead of at the neck. To be honest, this seems completely stupid given you'd have to open your jacket everytime you wanted to adjust volume, skip tracks, answer/initiate calls.

The iPhone's remote control is placed at the neck for this explicit reason, so it *extends* out of your jacket and so you don't have to remove items of clothing whenever you want to use the remote.. Why is the Klipsch remote in this ridiculous position?! The headphones look great but i'm not about to wander around with a headphone line and remote dangling around in front of me.. everyone, everywhere zips cables *underneath* their jackets, rendering this bizarrely placed remote, completely useless, regardless of how functional it might otherwise be.

Can any current owners comment on the functionality of this; how it affects usage, whether there are any better headphones with properly placed remotes out there? I really like the look and reviews for these headphones but am doubtful i'd purchase simply because they've placed the remote in such an unusable position.

Any advice/recommendations are much appreciated.

Thanks.