If ever an on-line persona gave the wrong impression...

maxg

I have the feeling that if you were to list out the least popular people on this site Christos Skaloumbakos would be atop many people's lists.

There was a period some months ago where he went through a posting frenzy, madly pushing his own audio site and that really upset a good many of the regulars on this board.

He then topped it off with running afoul of many sensitivties talking about money and profesionalism and seemingly showing off outlandish systems.

This is most unfortunate, not the least because, HE IS A REALLY, REALLY NICE GUY.

I will post separately about the events of this weekend. Christos and Aristidis (and my friend Tony) coming round to my house, our trip to buy albums (over 110 between us) and our subsequent visit to Christos house.

But for this post I would ask the board members to reconsider our position on Mr. Skaloumbakis. A more helpful, supportive and considerate true audiophile I am yet to meet.

Just as a, FWIW link, this is my impression of his system, Tony's impression of his system and his response to Tony sandwitched in the middle. The only way I can link directly to them all is to link to my response which was the last - you can see the previous postings below so it is kind of in reverse order.

http://pub4.bravenet.com/forum/fetch.php?id=9752805&usernum=297162534

------------------

2 * Heresy 2 (mains)

2 * Homemade horn speakers (rears)

1 * REL Strata 3 sub

Accuphase E211 amp.

Tube monoblocks with separate pre-amp (DECWARE ZTPRE with separate beefed up PSU)

Pro-ject 4 turntable with Pro-ject 9 arm and Pro-ject 6 head,

Marantz CD6000 player

Sony NS900 SACD/DVD player

Stax Headphones (on loan to a friend)

Humax 5400 digital satellite receiver

Sharp Video

32" Sony flat screen 16:9 TV

Mogami interconnects

Silver Synergistic speaker cable

Max,

Very well written reviews by you and Tony.

I personally have never had anything against Christos. He certainly seems like a nice enough guy and does his best to promote hi-end audio. I'm sure he didn't know he was doing anything wrong when he was promoting his website on this Forum.

I am sure his system must be incredible! When I looked at a number of the systems on the ACA page, his was the one that really jumped out at me. Not only for the components themselves, but also the listening room in which they reside. I would have to think the soundstage in that room is breathtaking!

I doubt very seriously I will ever have a rig of that caliber, but it is nice to know that there are systems out there that give us all something to strive for...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems