Wondering.

iXtreme

Am I missing something here? I went to the local Klipsch dealer on the weekend to listen to a set of RF3's, paired with quintets for surround and a RC3 for a center. It was all powered by a Marantz reciever and some Marantz CD player that I don't know the models of. I was not overly impressed by this set up, it was the first time I heard anything by Klipsch besides my Promedias. How can I be missing the magic? Any ideas why my dreams of a full onslaught of Klipsch in my HT setup doesn't seem as desirable? I'm all depressed now Frown.gif

------------------

Hey, don't write yourself off yet.

It's only in your head, you feel left out or looked down on.

Just try your best, try everything you can.

And don't you worry what they tell themselves when your away.

OK, before you slip your wrists, do the following. Make sure you listen to the music/movies YOU like. Try other dealers if you can. COMPARE the Klipsch to other speakers, that is the most important.

If you DO NOT like Klipsch, DON'T get Klipsch. It is as simple as that. Just because most everyone here likes Klipsch doesn't mean they are for you!

Try the RB-5II's and the RF-5's. They are a little better. Most people here LOVE the Heritage line, try some of those.

Enjoy, get the speakers YOU want.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Did the system have a subwoofer connected? Needs to in order to deliver the kind of experience you are familiar with in your ProMedias. Why Quintets for surrounds? They definitely cannot do the job with RF-3's for mains. The full RF-3 system with KSW-12 and RS-3 surrounds sounds pretty great in most rooms.

Thats what i thought. I was sure that this set up was not quite right. The mails were about the only thing sounding somewhat like I was used to but even they lacked the bass authority I was told the Reference line had. There was no sub in the system cause it was broken I'm guessing. The quints were used as they are very popular sellers at this place and i agree, nice but no where near the quality of the reference line. Like putting a Mustang engine it a Porsche 911 Turbo. I am going to hunt down a second place to listen, thanks bob for helping me get my groove on again, hehehe.

------------------

I live in the scenic and beautiful city of Winnipeg.

------------------