New to the Klipsch Experience

Stereobob

I'm currently looking to buy a new pair of main/front floorstanding speakers to replace an old pair (15 years) of Infinity Reference 6's. I have listened to approx 20 different speakers in the last few weeks, (Polk, Definitive Tech., Paradigm, KEF, PSB, etc) and find myself comparing everything to the new F-30's and RF-82 II's. My speakers are use probably 75% of the time for stereo. I would appreciate hearing from some of you Klipsch owners re the two models mentioned. Is the RF-82 much different than the F-30? What's the best center speaker for each one? Thanks!

Welcome to the klipsch world! TBH i have not heard either of the 2 new models that you mentioned but i do know many people like the synergy series speakers. Listen to both again and see which one you like better. Personally, i like the aesthetics of the reference series over the synergy series, i like the more classy look than the modern look that the synergy series exudes.

I have the older gen RF-82 II's the RF-3 II's and I love them. The bass is accurate and has that punch you would expect from 8" drivers. The voices are clean and well heard. The 82 II's are just 10 years newer than what I have.

The center you would mate to the rc-62 and the for the f30 would be the c-20. Centers are definitly important, you say most of your listening pleasure is from music, you wouldnt benefit from a center when you are listening in stereo. Most people will tell you get the biggest center you can afford, i don't believe that would benefit you, you do have the option of buying the rc-64 which is about twice as much as the rc-62. The rc-62 will do you just fine, you can get the rc-52 as well but the rc-62 will mate better to the 82's. It really just comes down to budget, i would certainly get the 62 if you can afford it.

Number one advice though in choosing, go listen to them and see which one makes you happiest sonically.

If you can swing it - get the new RF-7s. Sound is nothing short of amazing - best speaker's i've heard (and I've had reference, heritage, etc ) Dual 10" woofers will give you enough base even for movie explosions.

I run a pair of RF-7s with RC-7 center and RSW-12 sub (the sub does the least of work as fronts have so much impact).