Just received my S4i's, Only One Thing I'm Bummed About,

jackson1303

I just picked up my s4i's today and I am very happy with the sound quality but I am also nervous of the way the jack connects to the wire. I am using these with my 3rd generation Ipod Touch and they work pretty good with all the buttons. But I was hoping they would be able to to be used as a headset with my HP pavillion dv5000 running on Windows XP, and I WAS aware these were made for apple laptops when I bought them.

Has anyone been able to use these headphones with a Non-Apple laptop or have any ideas on how I can use these with mine? I would use them with programs such as Skype if that helps at all.

Thank You

• 2 weeks later...

They work as a headphone with anything that has a headphone jack.

If you're wanting to use them as a microphone for your PC and not a Mac/iDevice, then you'll have to search around for some adapters to convert a 3 channel (L/R/Mic) into a Stereo + Mic combo cable. I'm pretty sure I've seen something like this at RadioShack before. Might try looking around for the adapter cable. If you're really diligent, you could make your own.

By the way, not that you implied it was Klipsch's fault or Apple's fault but, as I understand it, anyone can use that jack type, it's just that Apple seems to be the only one incorporating it into more than just a phone.