Help with a new Denon receiver

Dysmae

Whats up Klipsch fans! Earlier this year, I finished overhauling my theater system, but(as I'm sure many of the people here get this feeling) I am always thinking "what if"? What I currently have are a pair of wf-34's, matching center and surrounds with the xw-300d subwoofer.Within 8 months, I have had two receivers and am already thinking about upgrading again(I swear its a disease). Being a student, I can never get too crazy with cost, but as a Best Buy employee, I get great discounts. My current receiver is the somewhat entry level Denon AVR-790. My store is currently selling a shelf display of the Denon AVR-3310CI for around $400 which isn't much more than what I originally spend for my current Denon. Obviously, the 3310 has much more power and hookups, but what I am most interested in is just overall sound quality, clarity, depth, imaging etc. Since I live in a townhouse with a shared wall,(with a brick firewall inbetween however) I usually hardly ever get past -15dB on my current receiver. If I went through the trouble of selling my current receiver and going through the trouble of getting the 3310 all set up, in my current living situation, do any of you think the troubles out weigh the benifits of the better receiver? Remember, sound quality is more important to me than overall power and volume, although my next home will be a house however. My store also has a handful of Pioneer Elites "end of life" 2009 receivers for some great prices too, but haven't looked too much into them quit yet. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Here are some reference links.

AVR-3310CI

http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=f234eea1-3300-4537-8f59-f6cd2f3441d6&SubId=0&ProductId=e1c9f0a4-c554-4e23-908a-0c0025efa946

AVR-790

http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=3d9614d1-8000-4106-ab91-8192242cab83&SubId=40b5820d-83c2-4e93-9909-60aae60e0bdd&ProductId=7cbafd18-7043-4780-b9fb-9560d656304a

-Nate

I just bought a 3311 and i replaced my 1804, 90 watt/ch and there was a big difference at low sound. The 3311 has AL24 which upgrades the sound of stereo signals and it really made a difference in music. You can compare the specs of the 3311 to the 3310 and see what you think. I have RF82, RC62 and RS52 speakers with a rw 12d sub. good luck and it is an addiction. After buying my speakers i had to have an upgraded denon and today i ordered an emotiva xpa 3.

Hmm..that is pretty encouraging that there was that much of a difference, especially at low volume. From what I can tell,(and what generally seems to be the main trend for 2009 to 2010 model receivers) the main difference with your new unit is the 3D pass through(which is awesome) and the ipod function? Thank you so much for the feedback. Does anyone else have any thoughts?