Amp for KLF 20's/ Audio Processors

citychief

I currently have a Adcom GFA 5500 runing 4 KLF -20's for my front mains they sound a bit muddy, even with 2 ART 351 EQ's. Was wondering what a good modest tube amp whould be to improve these? I have a Adcom 535 runing my 2 KG 4's rears with no EQ. They sound great. I picked up the 2 ART's thinking I could tweak things a bit. Everyone that listens is blown away but I'm stilll dis apointed. I have a Behringer Ultra Curve Processor being used in my home studio with 4 Mackies increadable definition. Like nite and day with those. Anyone using or experimenting with these processors with home audio?

Harmon Kardon AVR 525

2 ART 351's EQ's

Adcom GFA 5500

Adcom GFA 535

KLF 20's (Black) Fronts

KLF 20's (Oak) Fronts

KG 4's Rears

B & W CMT Center

SpeakerCraft BassX 12 Sub (Upgraded)

Cerwin Vega -15 Sub (Upgraded)

I have my KLF20's running with a tube pre and ss amp and couldn't be more happy with their sound. Every now and then i will switch them over to run the tube pre and a 2a3 amp and it is very nice. Check out the Bottlehead 2a3 kits if you are a builder. I think you will notice the most change switching to a tube pre as opposed to adding a tube amp. However, i do like the tube pre and 2a3 setup for classic jazz stuff.

Welcome Citychief, we're glad your here.

Now, you have four Front speakers, two Subs, a center channel and two surrounds all running at once?

I would suspect that it sounds muddy. How do two fronts running alone in stereo sound?

Dennie