Port tubes in my Chorus Is

cablebandit

WARNING>>>NON_AUDIOPHILE INFO

I read on another site that I should try port tubes in my Chorus Is that are about 7" long to get the bass a little lower. I bought eight 4.5" x 4" port tubes from a guy on ebay...cost about 25bux shipped. I cut off 2.5" of 4 of the tubes and taped/glued them to the other 4 to give me 4 tubes 7" long. They fit loosely so i used several wraps of duct tape to get them to fit the openings of the speaker. to test i used a mp3 called "bass hit"...its an old song that the kids played back in the day to rattle everything in their cars. It has a point in the song where the bass hits 4 low notes in sequence getting progressively lower. Without the port tubes, note 3 was about half the volume of notes 1 and 2 with note 4 being almost non existant. With the port tubes installed note 3 was as loud as 1 and 2 and note 4 was much quieter but definitely audible/felt. I do not know what frequency these notes are but it did make a difference. For 25 bux you cant beat it. Sorry it wasnt more technical and scientific but it works. :)

this link will be dead one day but here is where i got my tubes...ordered on friday and received on Monday...from Arkansas. to Georgia

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Port-Tube-Subwoofer-Sub-Woofer-Speaker-Box-Pro-Audio-/300412946335?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f201c79f