Sub 12 Question

FireWave

I have been scratching my head on this one, It seems like an easy question but Im still unsure. So here it is

If I have one sub 12 that goes down to 25Hz, If I get another sub 12, would that lower the combined frequency response to say, 20 or 15?

In theory it makes sense; more air thats moving the louder the SPL. I just don't know how much of a difference it will make.

Yes, if you add another sub with the same low frequency cutoff and roll off rate they will play the same only twice as loud. Now if the rolloff rate is shallow as in say 3db per octive you may get 3-4 hz come up, but you can't hear that low. reproducing audio beyond the upper and lower frequencies of the spectrum is where that airy ambience; although a normal adult hears from 15Khz to 50Hz. If you doubt that go take a hearing test and tell the operator that you want to know the limits of your hearing. I think 20ish cycles is plenty since musical content is rarely that low. Some audiofiles will argue with my thoughts, but they hear like everyone else.Spend the zoids on some other toy and keep the cops away because two subs at 108db will sure attract them.

Dr. P