Cornwall acting as Khorn without folded horn.

Balmer

Before I get to the problem, I would like to layout some background information. I am planning on using the Tact 2.2 XP Room Correction Device in Ambiophonic Mode. This calls for two closely spaced front speakers (two Khorns with false corners 25 degrees apart), and two closely spaced rear speakers (two Cornwalls 25 degrees apart) all equal distant from the sweet spot. The digital processor will cancel cross talk between the front two speakers, and the rear two speakers while processing the sound to achieve a more realitic spacial sound then two front speakers at 60 degrees apart and using a center speaker. The two rear speakers will add more depth to the sound as in a theater, or symphony hall. Ambiophonics has come a long way in the last twenty years, and Tact is leading the way.

Now let's get to the problem. I have two Cornwalls for the rear speakers to add depth and ambiance. I do not have enough cash to get LaScalas and pay for the shipping which is out of sight. However, I do have an extra pair of Khorn tweeters, midrange horns and crossovers. Lets face it, the Khorn drivers and crossovers sound much better than those of the Cornwalls. I realize that the bass folded horn of the Khorn is far more efficient than that of the nonfolded Cornwall. The upper range of the 15 inch bass speakers for both the Cornwall and Khorn would probably sound the same since a folded horn would not influence the efficience of that frequency range. I have an active crossover that can shut down the bass of the Cornwall at any point. At what frequency should I turn off the bass of the Cornwall so I will be able to use the Khorn tweeter, midrange horn, and crossover in the Cornwall? I'm not concerned about losing the lower end of the bass in the Cornwall, because the Khorns in the front will more than make up for it. Thanks for your help.

There is something else that I forgot to mention. I do have one spare LaScala bass box with woofer driver. Would it be possible to run the two upper rear horns and upper bass range from the Cornwall in stereo and the LaScala bass box below the cutoff point in mono since this this range is omnidirectional? If yes then the question still remains: what should the crossover point be separating the upper bass range of the Cornwall and the lower bass range of the one LaScala?