Headphone Specificity

whyboth3r

Hello Klipsch.
I figure if anyone can answer my questions, it would be you all. I am interested in your Image ONE headphones, and have some questions regarding your drivers and frequency response.

First and foremost, was the frequency range determined by the driver you are using, or was the driver engineered to respond that way. It seems to me that the majority of headphones are a driver in a tube, thats shoved in your ear, and you take what you can get. And without going to westone, I dont know how a person can get an intentionally engineered headphone. And even with westone, youre purchasing a professional musician earphone, particularly tonally flat, for more hearing specificity, and less music listening.

I am also curious as to how you stack up the ear buds to other high end earbuds on the market. I would like to know more specifically then whats written on the box, what distinguishes the Klipsch earphone. While the details of your speaker design is obvious, the personal listening arena is a lot less specific. Simply put, how does Klipsch distinguish themselves in the headphone arena, from engineering on. PWK was so passionate about less BULLS***, and engineered MARVELOUS sound. How does that name resonate in the Headphone production at klipsh?

And generally out of curiosity, why do other manufacturers put drivers in their headphones that are so far beyond the human hearing range, as low as 5hz, when the average audible range is around 20hz? I understand the desire to keep your driver from bottoming out, or clipping high freq, but if youre listening loud enough to bottom out or clip headphones, then your audible range is SIGNIFICANTLY less than 20hzto20khz, so invest in hearing aids and turn your music down.

Anyway, I would love to hear a spiel all about the klipsch headphone line, from top to bottom, but specific! please dont hesitate to womp the engineering words, or throw some maths around, it would be a GREAT point of reference for audionerds when shopping for headphones.

thanks,

stephen

• Moderators

Hi Stephen,

I've alerted our headphone product development and engineering team to your questions, and they will provide what details they can as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience! It is a busy time...

Amy