Virtual Surround Sound from Two Klipschorns And a Sub

Benesesso

Just bought my first big HDTV (Panasonic 65" plasma), so I thought I'd ask about "virtual surround sound" from a stereo system.

A

few years ago Dolby had their "Virtual Speaker" chip, and there are

other devices too. My listening position is along a wall, and I don't

want to add a bunch of cheap rear/side speakers--don't have that much

room for them. I also want to keep using my 2A3 SETs. Sitting in a

sweet spot isn't a problem.

Advice?

Ha! I have a similar Cerwing Vega Subwoofer. The EL-63 "earthquake". Since I was nuts about Home theater, I purchased some JL audio subwoofers and the Cerwin Vegas are in storage.. JL audio subs have deeper bass, but cannot pressurize the air in the room like the Cerwin Vega Sub does above 40 Cycles/ sec. More to the point, I like all the tech involved with making 2 channel into a surround effect. virtual speaker is good. I have a TV with SRS Trusurround and it works well with in its constraints. ( constraints= small speakers and only 2) If you are rationalizing no going for more than two speakers, having some of the best "stereo" speakers is the best way to compromise. Still, in the end i went with 7.1 and 2.0. I like having them both, a lot! It all comes down to; It has to work for you and your house-hold.

I get "Virtual Surround Sound" with my 2 La Scalas and a sub! No special processing needed.

Put in your favorite album, turn out the lights and let the music take you away. [Y]

Sometimes a little "extra" volume helps, but is not necessary! [:P]

Dennie