Home Theatre

kingc

Hello,

New house, new theatre setup! I had floor standing mains(SF-1's), RC-52 for the center and SS.5's as front effects speakers. Hung on the wall RS3-II's in the rear and a single KSB-1.1 for the rear center. Along with a sub. Powered by a Yamaha RX-Z1...... Great system I thought.....More than too powerful for the home it was in(Nothing like reserve power on tap).

Looking to remove the floor standing speakers and the wall hangers and go all Architectural if possible. Looking at a Pair of R-5502-W's as my main's and possbily another for my center channel(wall mounting permitting). Not going to employ the front effects speakers and just keep it 7.1 If I cannot fit a 5502 in my wall due to studs in the way...Can anyone suggest a matched center that would be nearly half the size of this speaker? Also looking at options for the 3 rear speakers which I will mount in the ceiling and fire down just right behind my sitting area. Big question, how should these R-5501-W's perform as my main's??? I will be using the RX-Z1 still and listening to 2 channel audio as well at times. I see a subwoofer upgrade coming as well to pick up the bottom end. Not looking to have as quite a powerful system as I did before due to speaker sizes, but one that sounds really good and still has some punch would be nice.

Thanks for any suggestions and opinions....

CK