Purchased Pro klipsch today at pawn shop!

hifi5

I have had several pairs of regular issue klipsch over the years.Never before have owned Klipsch pro stuff. I sold my cornwalls a few months ago and have been missing them! I found Hi - SM numbers 6976 and 6977 at a pawn shop in a small town 50 miles from minneapolis and bought them. They sound like I expected them to. NICE! Not quite the Cornwalls I so fondly remember But they should work great for spinning some vinyl.

Where the connections and fuse are there is a date of 1980. Would that be date manufactured or do they all show 1980? The outsides are finished with what looks like fiberglass matting that is black. The corners and edges are covered with metal (aluminum?) Any info on these speaks will be appreciated

Regards

Brian

Very cool find, not much bass out of those little stage monitor speakers though. HI-SM = Heresy, Industrial- Slant Monitor. 1980 sounds about right but no info can be garnered from the serial number (that info is lost). The trim is Anodized aluminum, resist the urge the sand or scotch-brite it, if you scratch off the hard outer skin the aluminum is rather soft.

Check the Commercial section of this Forum, those have been discussed at length before and I'm sure I've posted the 4 page original owners manual with all kinds of info.

I currently own every set of Klipsch Industrial in BG (black fibreglass, always with aluminum trim) EXCEPT for those. arrrggh. Here's a shot to make your ears water.

post-10755-13819635452374_thumb.jpg

WoW nice stack o' Klipsch!

Thanks for the info on the speakers. I have already found the bass is nothing like my Cornwalls had. The sound they do have is loud and clear. I will spend a little time investigating the "commercial" section. I have not ventured there yet.

I could be talked out of these , maybe[;)]