Looking to add to existing for home theater audio

gap925

I believe the the SC-1 and the SS-1 were the original center and surrounds respectively intended to be used with the SF-2s. The next generation Klipsch Synergy speakers were the C-2 and S-2 which should also be a good match. The current Synergy line has the C-20 and S-20 as centers and surrrounds matched with the F-20 (dual 6.5 woofers and a 1 inch tweeter).

Hope that helps.

Why not moving the SF-s's to the rear and add the reference to the fronts? I mean you will buy speakers for many years.

I still have to complete my surroundsystem too,I have now a pair RF82 and RC35. I am thinking of a pair RF52 or RB81/61, you will not regret, and you can still use these boys also for fronts in case you will change another time your setup.This would be my choice.

Too bad actually the first reference line is sold and discontinued in the USA, in the Netherlands there are still plenty on stock (forgive me my bad English).

Good luck!

the best thing you can do to insure the timbre is correct between all of your speakers is to ensure you buy the matching speakers per that year/line. SOmetimes you can get away with different models and use them interchangably but the best is to use what you are supposed to. the SC-1 would be your proper center channel and the SS-1 would be your proper surrounds. If you dont want to use those models, you can always try to match up speakers by ensuring the same size tweeter is used, the woofer size can vary as it does in the recommended line.

The best thing you can do is match up woofer size and tweeter size so that things sound most fluid. I had rb-5's which are 8" cones and they matched up perfect with my RF-3's since it was practically the same tweeters and woofers all around, it sounded perfectly fluid. Your surround speakers are generally smaller since space is a concern for most especially when it comes to wall mounting.