Optimal settings for RT-10D Please help!

aixm2za

Ok, so my room layout is located here:

HTROOM

I have the RT-10D located in the back of the room, because when I had it up front, it was "too much" bass even turned down, and in the back, it seems to be the perfect "blend" during movies. However, I can't seem to find the "sweet spot". What should I have the HZ setting on? The volume on? The phase on? and should it be set on punch, depth, or flat? My room is 13x23 roughly.

I also have Denon AVR-4308, which is a model down from the 5308 (flagship). On there, there's a setting for "subwoofer mode". I currently have it set to play low signal and LFE signal of all speakers "small". There's an option for it to play low signal and LFE signal of all speakers. All my speakers are large (should the RS-7s and the RC-7 be small or large btw?). In 2 channel this doesn't matter; but during movies switching between the two settings seems to dramatically impact the subwoofer; with it being set for all speakers being too loud, and it being set with only small speakers being too timid. I've read a lot of reviews that this ISNT the best bang for your buck subwoofer, but I bought it almost two years ago for $550, so I'm not complaining.

I guess I just want to know if there's anywhere better it should be placed, and it it should be set at 40hz, 100hz, or all the way up to where it says "LFE". Please let me know guys, thanks!