Ksw-10

gimli_aa

Ok, just baught this brand new from work today.

Also baught Monsterbass 400 cable.

Anyway.. attached it to my pioneer receiver (vsx-d409) and set the subwoofer to bout +6db. The volume setting on the sub is near to max and I get little any base (some not much) from anything I listen to.. Radio, CD's, DVDs.

Set it to +10 db and still nothing.

My speakers are SB1's and center is umm SC-1s.

The receiver is set to FS-CS-RS (all small other wise) which sends the base to the sub.

Have it also send any frequency under 150 to the sub. Have the phase set to 180, the frequency of the sub itself is sitting around 100.

Its placement:

--FL----C-SW--FR--

-

------SEATING-----

-

-LR-------------RR

*shrug* Guess I am expecting a more... thud type sound when there are explosions and thihngs (tested it with JurasicPark3, U-571, and umm SW-episode 1 (at the pod race scene) and parts I remembered when I got the sub demo'd to me, seemed more powerful than the one I have sitting at home. I had him run the silver quintets, though it was on a THX Onkyo receiver

Thanx for any info and stuff

Some basic questions (and I don't mean to offend by them, just wanted to be sure these are covered):

1) Is the sub turned on? For testing purposes, set it to ON, not Auto.

2) Do you have the sub channel activated in your receiver (Sub=Yes)?

3) I think you said all speakers are set to small. Are they?

4) Turn the crossover setting on the sub to its maximum (highest) setting. This will effectively remove the sub's crossover from the signal path, so it does not filter out any bass. Since your receiver is handling the crossover function, you don't want the sub to filter also. (You said you had this set at 100 -- that might be your problem, as most of the "thud" style bass is below that and you are filtering it at the subwoofer's crossover, I believe.)

5) Set the receiver's crossover lower than 150. Your sub isn't designed to go that high. It's only spec'd up to 120hz. I'd set the receiver's crossover nearer the low point of your SB-1's, say around 80hz to start with.

6) Lastly, try alternating the phase from 0 to 180 on the sub -- it won't make the world of difference you are looking for, but it will help a bit.

Let us know!

Doug

------------------

My System

Also try using a "Y" cable to split the signal into both the RCA inputs on the KSW amp. I did this and noticed way more volume without having to adjust the sub volume or reciever. Try it out

------------------

JVC 36" tv

Technics DA-10 Reciever

Klipsch KSW-10 sub

Klipsch RC-3 II Center

Klipsch RB-3 Surounds

Nuance Fronts

Hitachi DV-P415U dvd player