Forte passive radiators

talba

First off, let me say these have been the best speakers ever, so I really dont want to loose them. After all these years the cats have gotten to the passive radiatrors, while they dont look punctures, they are significantly frayed and the cones dented in.

any suggestions on replacements/repairs ( i know that they dont have replacements anymore, but any aftermarket options)

And if I cant get them repaired, what do ya'll think would be a similar replacement for them.

running carver pre-amp/amps so the sound s fantastic!!

What part of the cones are damaged? Is it the paper cone, or the foam surround? The surrounds can be replaced for very cheap, as long as you don't mind a minor crafts project! The dust cap in the center of the cone will not effect the sound if it's dented in. Do you notice a sonic difference, or are you just concerned about how they appear?

If your cone has some scratches that you are concerned about you can paint a layer of white glue over them to make sure they are secure don't get worse. If your suspension has any holes you can patch them up with rubber cement. You dont need to be concerned with dents in the dust cap it is just cosmetic. As long as things are air tight you are good to go. Why not buy a couple of plastic or metal grill covers for the passives and then the cats can't get at them.Best regards Moray James.

PS I have seen passive radiators on ebay they tend to go for about $50.00 each