Promedia 2.1 - tweeter magnet fell off. What the?

Sintek

I was moving my Promedia 2.1s earlier when I noticed something rattling around in one. I opened it up and discovered the tweeter magnet had somehow come loose and was stuck to the driver magnet.

I have had these for almost 7 months and have always taken care of them. I've never dropped them or impacted them in any way that could cause this.

I was able to wedge it back into place over the coil but I can't tell if it's working. What could have caused this and is it covered under warranty?

Thanks.

Welcome to The Forum....

The best way to know if it is working is to play music with a lot of cymbals.

Cover one tweeter and you will hear the highs disappear.

Do this to the good one for a baseline, then do it to the one that fell off.....

If you hear the cymbals and do not after you cover it; you are good.

Get some epoxy and glue it around the outside to hold it.

No warranty exists after 7 years on PM 2.1s.

Good luck.

Thanks. I've had them for 7 months, though I would love if they lasted 7 years.

I listened to a few different cymbals videos and the one tweeter is definitely much lower in volume and cuts out at higher frequencies.

I emailed Klipsch support yesterday and they are sending me a replacement satellite. Very fast and great customer service.

Thanks. I've had them for 7 months, though I would love if they lasted 7 years. I listened to a few different cymbals videos and the one tweeter is definitely much lower in volume and cuts out at higher frequencies. I emailed Klipsch support yesterday and they are sending me a replacement satellite. Very fast and great customer service.

Yep, Klipsch Customer Support is "Top Notch"!

If you ever have issues after warranty; you can get replacement (used) sats on ebay cheap.

(Other things like the sub and amp are more spotty; but available).

I have a set going on 6 years; still work!

Be careful; My promedias led me to think "If these sound this good; how good would Klipsch Heritage speakers sound?"

They are AWESOME.

Good Luck.