yamaha clipped but uit was the klipsch

leftwinger57

HI GUYS,

I also have a H/T se-up whiich when pushed just alittle bit clipped and shut down.Now I usally play music or tv through the Yamaha

at their vol scale of -20 or so which is loud enough for most things. To go w/ this I have a set of Klipsch 500set w pwrd sub rated to

handle 100 watts all day and they said that it could out perform the Yamaha. Well one day I just wanted to see how loud the + of the

volume scale is and when I hit +5 which was shaking the apt it clipped.I freaked so I called Yamaha and said it's a protection circuit

and it performed correctly and either hit a frequency it didn't like or a speaker was going.After doing the process of elimination game

I found that I had a bad right front sat and it did it every time. Called Klipsch tec and were real nice , sent me out a new speaker and didn't want the old one back.

SO far all ok and I'm going to break in the new one slowly even though I really don't push it to begin with. The amp does seem to get pretty hot and it's well ventilated.

As to a reply to all for last nights question for RUSS yes it was on/off thump but none of you guys said why.And no I left the west a very long time ago way before Jerry died.

As to a reply to all for last nights question for RUSS yes it was on/off thump but none of you guys said why

Some gear does this and some doesn't (turn off thump). If your gear didn't do this then it started to do this then something has changed and needs fixing. A call to the manufacturer will tell you if it's normal or not. Anyway, usually it's not a big deal.

As to your other issue, if you are going to play loud, you need big power, 200 wpc or better. Go easy on the volume, you can break stuff long before it starts sounding bad.

Thanx, Russ