RF-62 with Denon AVR-1611

neodude

Hello all,

I am about to become the proud owner of a Klipsch RF-62 pair and i am planning of matching it with a Denon AVR1611. I just wanted to get some opinions if this match is allright, as i am not very experienced in this field.

Also, should I get the new RF-62 II set (2010) instead of the 2006's RF-62 ?

Awaiting your opinions.

Thank you,

Andrew

IMO i think that the Denon would be a fine match for the speakers...as far as getting the RF-62iis, i would personally go for them and not because i think they sound better (not hugely better mind you) but in two years time would you prefer to have a two year old set of speakers or a 6 year old set of speakers. Get what you can afford now man and you wont regret it in the future. Also, it will be easier for you to add to your system in the future if you go with the newer models as you wont have to look for used reference speakers to match. Either way there both a fantastic set of speakers.

Thank you for your comments. I have bought the RF-62 during the weekend with the Denon 1611; I wasn't quite happy at first with the way it sounded, but after a few hours spent on positioning and configuring the Denon settings....YES, they are great ! And of course, what matters most is...YOU HEAR WHAT YOU PLAY :) If you play good quality you get the same... :D

Also, very deep bass on some special bass test melodies...(at some point it got scary, all the china, cabinets and walls were trembling :)

So, thank you again.

Cheers!

Andrew.