Klipsch HD 500 speakers+onkyo vs Sony HTIB

AYP

Hello friends,

Guys before you suggest me to go out and check the demo i want to say it is impossible for me. The city i live in is Sony dominated infact whole country is sony dominated with very few dealers of brands like Klipsch, polkaudio, yamaha, onkyo and they are in city far away from me. Klipsch dealer is offering me combo of Onkyo 308 and 500HD speakers, he says even 300HD paired with 308 will blow away any sony/panasonic HTIB system. I will use my DVD player with this combo for time being and upgrade to BR when prices come down and titles are available in our market. (onkyo TX-SR508 is around 100$ more than SR308)

Should i go ahead and buy this combo? it costs me same as sony's Blueray HTIB, Sony is 167 watts/channel while onkyo is only 65watts. I have seen demo of SONY blue ray HTIB and it was good , it will be bonus if 308+500Hd or 300hd could really blow Sony away, i am loving the expansion possibilities of separate components.

My friend recently purchased sony DVD HTIB (dz310) and it sounds very pathetic, no detail of sound and sounds like speakers are struggling with dialogue yes it was loud with 130watts per channel but really lacked the sound detail, this is very different than DVD HTIB sony released back in 2002 which sounded loud yet crystal clear even with 50watts per channel.

Room i am going to use this system is around 15x10 feet.

The 508 and the 500HD will own the Sony stuff.

The 308 and 300HD is significantly better than Sony......

I know you can not; but either way is a big purchase you should hear before you buy. (New).

Perhaps a 2 hour drive on Saturday to confirm?

$40 gas might be worth it......

Good Luck.

Appreciate your response, but i hope it was 40$ i have to spend 300$ on airticket to fly to that city.... surprisingly BOSE/Carver showroom is in my walking distance :(

I can expand my budget for 508+500HD combo if it is really significant move from 308+300HD...