High Current, High Voltage, Impedance.

DANGERDAN

Again i know all this but the physical construction and specifications from a company can be misleading unrelated and differentiate from product to product, I need to know why this impedance change is happening what elements effect this in a negative or positive way and anything related to the adjustment of sound.

Clearly i know how the impedance changes and this is from the amount of excursion from the voice coil being positioned in a magnetic field which is also triggered by a electric signal ( frequency ) and that the impedance is in fact a efficiency change in the speaker causing the load to be a constant change of efficiency through the frequency band but none of this helps me to understand why.

From the previous statement

Impedance change has nothing to do with the driver "wanting" more power,
it is just change that happens due to movement of the coil.

So if this is true then this does not make sense to me because why would the amp be struggling to output this lower impedance unless it was inderly putting more current through the signal and if the voltage should be the same at the certain output then more current would equal more power.

Impedance change has nothing to do with the driver "wanting" more power, it is just change that happens due to movement of the coil.

So if this is true then this does not make sense to me because why would the amp be struggling to output this lower impedance unless it was inderly putting more current through the signal and if the voltage should be the same at the certain output then more current would equal more power.

At the resonant frequency of a driver the impedance peaks. This is the natural frequency where the cone vibrates, and less power is required, not more. The impedance of the driver then slowly rises. The driver will usually be crossed over before this impedance rise becomes a problem.

Where the load impedance falls too low for the amplifier to drive the load is where problems usually arise.

All this electrical theory is fine, but the best way to evaluate any audio component is with you ears.

The two best sounding amplifiers I have are 30 and 50 years old., and can easily drive any speaker. The common characteristic? Huge transformers.