Can anyone recommend a DIY tube amp kit with info?

SuBXeRo

So i bought this book, Beginner's Guide to Tube Audio Design by Bruce Rozenblit, it sounds like the type of book i am looking for to learn about tube audio, i got it from barnes and noble. To me, tube amps appear very simple and is something i can most likely understand haha. Im excited, should have it by the weeks end! Thank you Barnes and Noble

http://tubedepot.com/b-00002.html

Try the Bottlehead website. They have been in business quite awhile, have a very active forum, and really top shelf gear. I have a Foreplay preamp and their 2A3 based Paramour amps. I did not build them originally, but have done some mods on them. Great introduction into tubes and they sound great with Klipsch efficient speakers.

If you like Bruce's book, you should hit it off pretty well with him. I remember wanting to buy his tube analyzer. I asked if it could be used to test and match tubes. Bruce said it was an analyzer not a tube tester. Months went by and I learned quite a bit about tube theory. Learned that transconductence was current divided by voltage. So i emailed Bruce and asked can the tube analyzer measure current. He said yes, Can it measure applied voltage, he said yes. I asked then I could compute transconductance and use the bias info and GM values to match tubes. He said yes, but it's not a tube tester, it's an analyzer.

If you like Bruce's book, you should hit it off pretty well with him. I remember wanting to buy his tube analyzer. I asked if it could be used to test and match tubes. Bruce said it was an analyzer not a tube tester. Months went by and I learned quite a bit about tube theory. Learned that transconductence was current divided by voltage. So i emailed Bruce and asked can the tube analyzer measure current. He said yes, Can it measure applied voltage, he said yes. I asked then I could compute transconductance and use the bias info and GM values to match tubes. He said yes, but it's not a tube tester, it's an analyzer.

bahahaha good story :). I am looking very forward to getting my reading material. B & N said its on its way, should have it by friday, i hope!